Corporate Capability Statement
The Guthrie Group, Inc. (TGG) provides Lean Six Sigma consulting & training and removes any impediment to smooth, consistent process flow in any order to cash business cycle. Fundamental to our approach is the scientific method, data capture and analysis, and operational change management. The organization was established in January of 2000 and we service all business industries including aerospace, government, healthcare, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, service, transportation, food & beverage, electronics, defense, consumer products, oil & gas, printing, chemicals, call centers, plastics and automotive.
We teach managers and supervisors how to observe, measure, manage and continuously improve each part of the order to cash framework. Reduction of lead time and errors in these processes allow businesses to be earlier to market, increase their market share, reduce costs, and improve their profitability. TGG engages teams of employees to accomplish these outcomes. We encourage our clients to read and follow the Shingo prize as an operational improvement model. Learn, lead, change.
TGG is managed by a board of directors who meet monthly and direct affairs of personnel, financials, and critical business decisions. The board possess extensive experience in marketing, finance, and management and supervision.
TGG’s management team possesses collectively over 100 years of senior level management consulting experience and have worked domestically and abroad. Our management team has worked in all industries and many of our consultants hold degrees in engineering. We have certified Lean Masters, Black Belts, and Master Black Belts within our team.
The Guthrie Group, Inc. is owned by Zack & Kristin Guthrie and the business is designated as an S-Corporation.
Customer Client list (Partial)
Johnson & Johnson
Liquip / Beta
Professional Services (See services tab on our website)
– Consulting, Kaizen facilitation (see services for a comprehensive listing), Belt mentoring, training course development, learning simulation development for both Lean and Six Sigma
– Software and database development
– > 200 billable days per month consulting capacity
– Certifications in Lean Six Sigma and we utilize our 24 x 7 delivery matrix to allow students to access training materials and templates. We utilize our own LMS (learning management system database) for testing purposes. This LMS is linked to a database that tracks students’ progress. This matrix can also be accessed 24 x 7 by our clients on our website
– Languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish
– Software Use: Morae, Minitab, Microsoft Office, Access, iGrafx, Quality Companion, Visio, PowerSteering, SigmaXL
TGG holds a patent in measuring OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) for any computer or series of computer users.
Automated Methods and Apparatus for Analyzing Business Processes. United States US 8,515,801 B2
Issued August 20, 2013
A method of identifying losses in a transactional environment.
– Typically consulting expenses are cash neutral with clients in 4 to 6 months
– ROI typically ranges from 2 to 15X
– Coach our clients to identify 4% of sales of opportunity targets in operational excellence. We use our own proprietary database, the project pipeline, to define, prioritize, track these planned, budgeted, and actual project financials to our clients’ profit and loss statements.
“Zack and his associates have done a fantastic job of helping both my current company and my past employer implement a world class continuous improvement process. Not only is Zack an expert in Lean and Six Sigma but he has the communication and training skills to quickly develop others.
My goal has always been to build a self sustaining process that doesn’t rely on a permanent consulting presence. Zack’s goal is to get in and enable your company to drive their own results as quickly as possible. Not only would we rehire Zack in the future but we have recommended him to our customers who have also hired him.”
Kevin Kwilinski, President & CEO at Portola Packaging