(Mfg.) Shingo Assessment
Many of the customers that contact us start with a problem statement similar to the ones below:
- We need an objective, unbiased, expert outside opinion of our operations
- How need a plan of how to become more profitable
- We want someone to assess our operations, but also our organization’s culture and people
- We need a formal, thorough, data-driven assessment of our current state and a detailed road map of how to attain our future state
At TGG, we point people towards our assessment which is modeled after the Shingo Prize. We are clear with our clients – we don’t promote the Shingo Prize or recommend clients seek the actual award, but this model is one of the best, simply because it’s based on timeless, universal, self evident principles.
Since we focus all of our efforts on improving the order to cash cycle, we bias our assessment to that end. In addition, we spend a significant amount of time in both transactional and maintenance, not just operations.
The data we make decisions from comes from different systems, different inputs, different outputs, different definitions for the data different time frames and, differing levels of depth & detail.
Confusion at all levels (By the way, it’s also too slow)
At TGG, we understand. Our assessment will give your team clarity on what to do next.
We use a 200+ question assessment of your company by looking at all areas of your order to cash process. We asked detailed questions that range from inventory turns to training records to OEE to safety and many areas in between. While all of our customers are looking for improved results, we will expose the underlying gaps in process that will enable these results.
The Shingo Principles of Operational Excellence
1. Respect every individual
2. Lead with humility
3. Seek perfection
4. Assure quality at the source
5. Flow and pull value
6. Embrace Scientific Thinking
7. Focus on process
8. Think systemically
9. Create constancy of purpose
10. Create value for the customer
Assessments are always (always) accompanied with financials. Our aim within the assessment is to identify 4% of sales as hard financial savings for your business. TGG’s typical clients reduce their costs, improve their productivity, and then grow their business sales. That’s the cycle that we aim to accomplish.
One to two weeks
- Project list valued at 4% of sales
- Scored assessment
- Detailed audit findings that are based on interviews with your employees and observations from the floor
- We assess behaviors that have positive frequency, duration, intensity, and scope
- We assess financial results based on stability, trend, alignment, and improvement
- Detailed, prioritized list of opportunities and the roadmap (time-frame & tools) to improve your organizations performance