The Customer is Always Right
The order has been entered into the system, design has done some of their work, and now we are waiting on the customer again.
The waste and confusion that occur in this phase of the order to cash process include:
– What are we waiting for?
– Which revision is correct?
– Sales is in contact with the customer – we think
– How do we get the proof to the customer?
– The customer is sending … a fax
– The customer thought we started/completed the work – we are still waiting a signature
– Internal approval process
– Do we even know, with certainty, what the customer wants?
Much of this process is not electronic, but manual paperwork. The clock continues to tick on our order to cash cycle.
Related TGG Project Titles
Proof approval portal
Website specification process
Purchased material analysis RCFA project
Printed (marketing) materials project
Customer pricing event
Value stream map assessment