5s has been called the foundational tool of Lean, and with this event you can radically eliminate non-value steps in your process. 5s is a (5) step process to determine ‘a place for everything, and everything in it’s place.’ We apply this methodology to man, machine, method and materials. In addition, TGG applies 5s to PC’s, the office space and desk arrangements.
5S Defined: The principle of waste elimination through workplace organization. Derived from the Japanese words seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu, and shitsuke. In English the 5S are sort, store, shine, standardize, and sustain.
Some employees spend 25, 50, and 75% of their work day searching
Application of 5s makes you and your team more productive
Three critical measures that are required for successful comprehension & sustainability of 5s are listed below. By the way, these checks can be done easily by a (12) year old. Determine:
1. What belongs, what doesn’t belong – visually!
2. Who is responsible – for every square inch and methods to cascade responsibility
3. What counter measures are in place when abnormalities occur
Our goal for your company implementing 5s is to create a “A work environment that is: self-ordering, self-explaining, self-regulating, and self improving” (Dr Gwendolyn Galsworth.)
2 days SCO
5 days RUN
2 days Evaluate
- Creates a professional atmosphere in any work place
- Builds towards a full visual workplace environment
- Saves space
- Reduces time to find & setup for tasks
- Allows immediate identification & exposure of abnormalities