RCFA Analysts Concentration
- Develop problem statement
- Scope the problem
- Set the Target
- Identify root causes (Get data!)
- Identify solutions
- Implement solutions
- Evaluate the solution
- Standardize the solution
Who are they?
- Root cause failure analysts solve systemic problems in any order to cash process using an eight (8) step methodology.
What is required?
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of basic quality tools
- Experience with process measurement
What types of problems can I solve with this toolset?
- Most problems solved with RCFA require a ‘time-trend analysis’ or investigation of data over time (as compared to a point solution)
- All types: quality, process, transactional, equipment
Required Training Courses
Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) Week 1/Week 2 Training:
In the competitive landscape of manufacturing, customers are currently challenging suppliers to improve their standards. Managers are often juggling multiple challenges and struggle to keep up with the day to day requirements of the business. How do companies find the time to manage daily requirements and simultaneously improve? The answer is to “Create Scientists!” One of the goals of the tgg Root Cause Failure Analysis course is to create problem solvers at each level of the organization – small teams of scientists in every department. This course will introduce the learner to a mix of concepts and tools that can be used to effectively diagnose and eliminate anomalies in operations.
In The Guthrie Group RCFA class you can learn a methodical, proven, effective method to isolate the root cause to your failures and implement new standard work, preventing reoccurring failures. Participants will learn the following concepts in this course:
- How to properly develop and scope a problem
- How to write a project charter
- Project prioritization
- Proper data collection methods
- Data Evaluation
- How to display data
- Data evaluation
- Brainstorming techniques
- Implementation plans
- Work breakdown structure
- Communication and training plans
- Standardize the solution
- Reaction plan
- Replication and standardization
Advanced Excel Training:
Excel is a spreadsheet developed by Microsoft capable of doing powerful data manipulation and analysis. It contains a daunting number of features including: calculations, pivot tables, charts/graphs, and even a macro programming language! Due to its broad capabilities, its main limitation is the lack of user knowledge of these resources. It is believed that the average person uses no more than 20% of Excel’s potential. This class introduces the students to methods which will facilitate their data analysis.
This hands-on training provides exposure to useful short-cuts, functions, and data manipulation techniques. The class includes exercises where the class is provided the opportunity to apply the new tools and shortcuts. They are encouraged to bring their own real data.
- Use several short-cuts
- Apply built-in functions
- Create and modify