The Guthrie Group, Inc. (tgg) , based out of Greensboro, NC, provides Lean Six Sigma consulting and training, and removes any impediment to smooth, consistent process flow in any order to cash business cycle. Fundamental to our approach is the scientific method, data capture and analysis, and operational change management. The organization was established in January of 2000 and we service all business industries including aerospace, government, healthcare, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, service, transportation, food and beverage, electronics, defense, consumer products, oil and gas, printing, chemicals, call centers, plastics and automotive.
We teach managers and supervisors how to observe, measure, manage and continuously improve each part of the order to cash framework. Reduction of lead time and errors in these processes allow businesses to be earlier to market, increase their market share, reduce costs, and improve their profitability. tgg engages teams of employees to accomplish these outcomes. We encourage our clients to read and follow the Shingo prize as an operational improvement model. Learn, lead, change.
tgg is managed by a board of directors who meet monthly and direct affairs of personnel, financials, and critical business decisions. The board possesses extensive experience in marketing, finance, and management and supervision. In addition, Zack Guthrie is an active member of C12 (http://www.c12group.com) which also meets monthly. C12 is a Christian CEO peer advisory group.
tgg’s management team possesses collectively over 100 years of senior level management consulting experience and have worked domestically and abroad. Our management team has worked in all industries and many of our consultants hold degrees in engineering. We have certified Lean Masters, Black Belts, and Master Black Belts within our team.
- Consulting, Kaizen facilitation (see services for a comprehensive listing), Belt mentoring, training course development, learning simulation development for both Lean and Six Sigma
- Travel: tgg consultants can avoid commercial airlines if required. Our company has a 2006 Mooney M20T Bravo single-engine airplane with an 840 NM range and 25,000′ ceiling.
- Software and database development
- More than 200 billable days per month consulting capacity
- Certifications in Lean Six Sigma and we utilize our 24 x 7 delivery matrix to allow students to access training materials and templates. We utilize our own LMS (learning management system database) for testing purposes. This LMS is linked to a database that tracks students’ progress. This matrix can also be accessed 24 x 7 by our clients on our website.
- Languages: English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish
- Software Use: Morae, Minitab, Microsoft Office, Access, iGrafx, Quality Companion, Visio, PowerSteering, SigmaXL
Customer Client list (Partial)
Johnson & Johnson
Liquip / Beta
Professional Services (See services tab on our website)
The Guthrie Group, Inc. is owned by Zack Guthrie and the business is designated as an S-Corporation.
tgg holds a patent in measuring OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) for any computer or series of computer users.
Automated Methods and Apparatus for Analyzing Business Processes. United States US 8,515,801 B2
Issued August 20, 2013
A method of identifying losses in a transactional environment.
- Typically consulting expenses are cash neutral with clients in 4 to 6 months
- ROI typically ranges from 2 to 7X
Master service agreements and statements of work are routinely established with our clients.