Transactional Daily Management
Event Location: Hastings, NE
Event Description: (Trans) Daily Management
Problem Statement: One of the presses has performed below expectations at an average speed of 6,900 Sheets per hour compared to a budget of 9,500 Sheets per hour. The current asset availability is < 50%.
- Assess the current health of the press
- Use Lean Six Sigma tolls to find the root cause for lack of press speed.
- Clean to Inspect.
- Investigate the failure of the Autonomous Maintenance Program.
TPM (Derrick)/Tools (Travis):
- Trained the team on problem solving techniques
- Inspected and repaired over 25 vacuum/air leaks that are preventing the press from reaching ideal state.
- Started cleaning the delivery and feed section.
- Identified multiple bad components.
- Repaired the delivery gripper release cam screw actuator and controls.
- Color coded vacuum lines from the pump house to the delivery.
- Repaired foot on the feeder head.
- Created a second revision the previous Autonomous maintenance program.
- Create a detailed action plan for improvement
- Completed a DOE on Best Run Setting